Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Griffin's not a boy anymore"

The other night I told the kids they could lay in my bed for a half an hour and watch TV before bed. About 20 minutes later Avry came downstairs. She said to me, "Mom, Griffin's not a boy anymore". I said, "Yes Avry, Griffin is a boy." I told her she had a few more minutes to watch TV so back upstairs she went. About 10 minutes later I went up to my room and here is what I found, Griffin, fast asleep, dressed as a girl. While he was sleeping, Avry put her dress-up shoes on him, a bracelet, a necklace and she had placed a princess magic wand and a cell phone in his hand. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The next morning I showed Griffin these pictures, he was a little embarassed at first but then he loosened up and laughed about it. He said "I just hope she didn't put any makeup on me". I love these kids, they make me laugh every day!!












7 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh man... that is so dang funny! Gotta love those kids. Avry is too smart and knows when to take advantage of a good situation!!! I guess she wants a sister in the picture ?!?!?!?!

Just Us said...

Amanda, that is so funny. You told me the story on the phone but the pictures make it so much better. What was going through Avry's mind? Your kids crack me up.

Matt Olsen Family said...

That is SO funny. The pics are great! Cant wait for Friday...party time...woot woot.

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! that is great! I love my princess!

Steven said...

These pictures are so funny, but what is even BETTER is your "Payback is a B Jenny" I thought that was the funniest post!
Kellie

Melissa said...

Poor little Griffin! What a good sport. Avry took total advantage of a sleeping brother. Classic! I love it!!

pianogirl said...

Hilarious! Glad Griffin was a good sport about it. I just found your blog through Shelly Hall Huffman's. It is so funny how small this world is.